Are you considering a Chevrolet Traverse for your next SUV? As one of Chevy’s flagship models, it has certainly captured the attention of many car lovers. However, with various model of Chevy Traverse years to choose from, it’s important to know which ones have proven to be reliable and which ones had some trouble along the way.
From engine failures to handling upgrades, this blog will provide insights on the best and worst years for Chevy Traverse based on industry reviews and NHTSA statistics.
- The 2009 to 2012 Chevy Traverse models have common engine and power steering failures, while the 2013 model had reliability issues.
- Recent years’ Chevy Traverse models such as 2014, 2018 – 2021 model offer excellent performance, enhanced handling, and top safety features.
- Fuel economy has improved over time for the Traverse, while maintenance costs tend to vary by model year.
- Changes in design and technology for recent years have significantly impacted its performance with improvements in fuel economy, handling, infotainment system, advanced safety features among others.
Worst Years For The Chevrolet Traverse
The 2009 to 2012 models of the Chevy Traverse were plagued with common engine and power steering failures, while the 2013 model had reliability issues that affected its overall performance.
Common Engine And Power Steering Failures In 2009 To 2012 Models
The Chevrolet Traverse experienced several notable issues during the 2009 to 2012 model years, particularly related to engine issues and power steering failures. Car lovers should be aware of these common problems when considering purchasing a Traverse from this time period:
- Engine failure issues were frequently reported in the 2009 Chevrolet Traverse and 2010 Chevy Traverse models, often leading to costly repairs or replacements.
- Timing chain problems plagued the 2010 model year, shortening the life expectancy of affected vehicles.
- Power steering failure was a significant issue in the 2009 – 2012 Traverse models, resulting in numerous recalls and complaints regarding difficulty in controlling the vehicle while driving.
- NHTSA statistics reveal an increased number of overall complaints for these years compared to other Chevy Traverse model years.
- Some users reported experiencing multiple engine and power steering failures within a relatively short time frame.
The 2013 Model’s Reliability Issues
The 2013 Chevrolet Traverse had its fair share of reliability issues, with many drivers reporting problems with the transmission and engine. One major issue was a defect in the power steering pump, which resulted in leaks and difficulty steering.
Additionally, some 2013 Traverses exhibited low oil pressure readings due to a weak timing chain tensioner that could stretch and cause the timing chain to skip teeth, leading to costly repairs.
Best Years For The Chevrolet Traverse
If you’re looking for a reliable model year and highly-rated SUV, then the Chevrolet Traverse models from recent years – including 2014, 2018-2021 – offer excellent performance, enhanced handling, and top safety features.
Highly-rated And Reliable Models From Recent Years
The Chevy Traverse has received high ratings in recent years, with several models standing out for their reliability. Here are some of the most highly-rated and reliable models from recent years:
- The 2019 Chevy Traverse is a top-rated option thanks to its comfortable ride, spacious interior, and user-friendly features. It also comes with a powerful V6 engine and has excellent safety ratings.
- The 2020 Chevy Traverse continues to impress with its fuel efficiency and smooth performance. It boasts a spacious cabin and comes equipped with the latest connectivity features.
- The 2021 Chevy Traverse offers exceptional value for money, with its impressive performance, roomy cabin, and advanced safety features. It is also known for its responsive handling and quiet ride.
- The 2017 Chevy Traverse is another highly – rated model year, offering plenty of cargo space and a comfortable ride. It comes equipped with modern tech features like Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
- The 2016 Chevy Traverse remains a solid choice, with its carlike handling, ample cargo room, and attractive interior design. Its V6 engine delivers a smooth ride, making it ideal for long road trips.
Overall, these models offer great value for money while providing drivers with all the features they need in an SUV. With proper care and maintenance, they can last for many years to come.
Enhanced Handling In The 2014 Model
The Chevy Traverse 2014 model was a game-changer for the brand, providing car-like handling in an SUV. The 2014 iteration featured a revised suspension system that improved its ride quality and stability on the road.
Drivers found that this model’s handling was more composed and less truck-like than previous iterations, making it feel more like driving a sedan instead of an SUV. The overall improvements made to the suspension also resulted in better ride comfort and reduced body roll when cornering at speed.
[Output word count: 111 words]
Performance, Reliability, And Safety Features Of The 2018-2021 Models
The 2018-2021 Chevy Traverse models have been highly rated for their performance, reliability, and safety features. Here are some of the top features that make these SUVs stand out:
- The 2018 Traverse model received a five – star overall rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), thanks in part to its advanced safety features like lane departure warning and forward automatic emergency braking.
- The 2019 model comes equipped with a powerful V6 engine that produces up to 310 horsepower while still getting decent fuel economy.
- The 2020 Traverse has an updated infotainment system that includes smartphone integration and a Wi-Fi hotspot, as well as improved handling and ride quality.
- For 2021, Chevy added even more standard safety features like automatic high beams and pedestrian detection, making it one of the safest vehicles on the road.
Overall, the 2018-2021 Chevy Traverse models offer a great balance of power, efficiency, and safety features that make them an excellent choice for families and car lovers alike. Plus, with relatively low maintenance costs and solid resale value, they’re also a smart investment in the long run.
The Chevy Traverse: Analysis Of Performance Factors
Let’s take a closer look at the Chevy Traverse’s performance factors, including fuel economy and maintenance costs by model year, user reviews and ratings, and changes in design and technology affecting performance.
Fuel Economy And Maintenance Costs By Model Year
When considering a Chevrolet Traverse, it’s important to take into account the fuel economy and maintenance costs for each model year. The following table provides a comparison of these factors for various model years:
|Model Year||Fuel Economy (city/highway/combined)||Maintenance Costs|
Taking note of this table, you can observe that the fuel economy has improved over time, while maintenance costs tend to vary by model year. The 2011 model year, which is considered one of the worst Chevy Traverse due to various issues, has higher maintenance costs compared to other years. Meanwhile, the 2014 and 2016 models, believed to be among the best year, have lower maintenance costs.
User Reviews And Ratings Of The Traverse
Car lovers rely on user reviews and ratings to inform their decisions, and the Chevy Traverse has received generally positive feedback from drivers. Many have praised its spacious interior, smooth ride, and family-friendly features like an easy-to-use infotainment system and ample cargo space.
While some drivers have reported issues with this model such as transmission problems or subpar gas mileage in certain model years, these complaints seem to be relatively isolated. The Traverse also consistently ranks well in terms of resale value compared to other SUV models in its class according to Kelley Blue Book data.
Changes In Design And Technology Affecting Performance
The Chevy Traverse has undergone several changes in design and technology that have significantly impacted its performance. Here are some of them:
- Introduction of the 2.0L Turbocharged engine in 2018, which provides better fuel economy and improved acceleration.
- The 2019 model year features a new infotainment system with a larger touchscreen display, faster processing speeds, and improved smartphone integration.
- The addition of the High Country trim level in 2020, which offers premium features such as a panoramic sunroof, leather seats, and advanced safety features.
- The incorporation of the Teen Driver system, which allows parents to monitor their young driver’s behavior behind the wheel and set driving limits.
- Improvements in handling due to updates in suspension tuning and electric power steering assist.
- Enhanced safety features such as forward collision warning with automatic emergency braking, lane departure warning, adaptive cruise control, and rear cross-traffic alert.
- Increase in cargo space due to the deletion of the spare tire on some models.
These changes have made the Chevy Traverse a more reliable SUV with excellent performance capabilities for drivers who value comfort and fuel efficiency while still retaining its status as a family-friendly vehicle.
Conclusion: Is The Chevy Traverse A Good Car?
Overall, the Chevrolet Traverse has had its ups and downs over the years, with some model years experiencing common issues such as engine failure and power steering problems.
However, recent models have received high ratings for their reliability, performance, and safety features. Therefore, if you’re considering a Chevy Traverse SUV for your family or personal use, it’s important to review specific model years to ensure you make an informed decision when purchasing.
Overall Assessment Of The Traverse’s Reliability, Safety, And Performance.
The Chevy Traverse is generally considered a reliable and safe SUV with good performance features. Recent years have seen improvements in fuel economy, handling, and overall design.
In terms of safety, the Chevy Traverse has received high ratings from reputable sources such as the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). The 2021 Traverse model received an impressive five-star rating for overall safety while past models also scored well in crash tests.
Overall, if you’re looking for a reliable and safe SUV with decent performance features then the Traverse might be worth considering.
1. What are the best model years for Chevrolet Traverse?
The best model years for Chevrolet Traverse include 2018, 2019, and 2020 Chevrolet Traverse due to their strong reliability ratings, comfortable interiors, and advanced safety features.
2. What are some of the most common problems associated with the worst model years of the Chevrolet Traverse?
Some of the most common problems that have been reported with the worst Traverse model years (2009-2011) include transmission issues, faulty AC compressors, power steering failures and premature brake wear.
3. Should I consider purchasing a used Chevy Traverse or invest in a new one?
It ultimately depends on your budget and preferences. If you’re looking to save money upfront but don’t mind potentially having to pay for repairs down the line, then a used Traverse may be a good option. However, if you want more peace of mind and access to newer technology features, investing in a new vehicle may be worth it.
4. How can I ensure my Chevy Traverse stays in good condition regardless of its production year?
To keep your Chevy Traverse running smoothly, be sure to follow recommended maintenance guidelines such as changing fluids regularly and addressing any small issues promptly before they become bigger problems. Regularly washing and waxing your car will also help prevent rust or other damage from occurring over time.
|What are the best years for the Chevrolet Traverse?||According to experts, the 2020 Chevrolet Traverse is one of the best model years. Other good years include 2017, 2019, and 2021. These years had minimal problems and received high ratings for reliability and performance.|
|What are the worst years for the Chevy Traverse?||The worst years for the Chevy Traverse are 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012. These years had multiple reported problems, including engine issues, transmission problems, and timing chain failure. It is recommended to avoid purchasing these models.|
|Did the Traverse improve after the first few years?||Yes, the Traverse saw a rise in quality and reliability after the first few model years. The newer models of the Traverse are a great choice for families and have received positive reviews from many Traverse owners.|
|What was the Traverse model like in 2010?||The Traverse model in 2010 had a few problems, including engine issues and transmission problems. The 3.6-liter V6 engine was known to lose power, and some owners reported issues with the transmission. It is considered one of the worst years for the Chevy Traverse.|
|Are there any years to avoid when purchasing a Chevy Traverse?||Yes, it is recommended to avoid 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012 Chevy Traverse model years due to reported problems with the engine, transmission, and timing chain failure.|
|What are some of the engine problems associated with the Chevy Traverse?||The 3.6-liter V6 engine in some Chevy Traverse models is known to have issues with losing power. There have also been reports of timing chain failure and other engine-related issues.|
|Is the Traverse a good car for families?||Yes, the Traverse is great for families due to its spacious interior and comfortable seating. Many Traverse owners have reported that it’s a great car for road trips and daily use.|
|Which Chevy Traverse model years had the most problems?||The worst Chevy Traverse model years in terms of reported problems are 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012. These years had multiple issues with the engine, transmission, and timing chain failure.|
|Are there any Chevy Traverse model years that are highly recommended?||Yes, experts recommend the 2020 Chevrolet Traverse as one of the best model years. Other good years include 2017, 2019, and 2021.|
|What are some of the common transmission problems associated with the Chevy Traverse?||Some Chevy Traverse owners have reported problems with the transmission, including hesitation, shifting issues, and failure to engage. These issues are more prevalent in some of the older model years.|
|How many model years does the Traverse have?||The Chevy Traverse has been in production since 2009 and currently has 13 model years. The most recent model year is 2021.|