Let’s say you’re looking for a way to turn off the maintenance light on your Toyota Prius.
In that scenario, you most likely have a problem with it.
Perhaps you want useful information to assist you in performing the maintenance on your own.
Whatever the situation may be, you’ve arrived to the correct location.
Driving a car today without a maintenance light or one that has been neglected could result in your automobile/vehicle breaking down without warning.
It could cause the owner even more troubles and jeopardize the vehicle’s long-term use.
What is the procedure for resetting the maintenance necessary light on my Prius?
To clear the “maintenance required” light on a Toyota prius, press the power button twice.
Then press the odo button below the multi-function display to cycle through and stop the odo reading.
And, press the power button once to turn your prius off, then press and hold the odo button and press the power button twice.
What is Maintenance Requirement Light?
A maintenance required light is a warning light that signals that something is wrong with the vehicle or that a certain system needs to be upgraded, repaired, improved, or changed (as in engine oil).
In most cases, the maintenance required light will warn or tell you that maintenance is required after a certain amount of vehicle mileage.
How Does Light Work in Maintenance?
The maintenance light is connected to a computer system that collects information about the miles the automobile has driven since it was reset.
The computer interprets the data from the sensors and activates the maintenance light on the dashboard, alerting the driver that maintenance is required or that an oil change is required.
What is Toyota Prius Maintenance Required Light?
When the maintenance required light illuminates after 5000 miles, it indicates that the engine oil in the Toyota Prius engine needs to be replaced.
How to Reset the Maintenance Light on a Toyota Prius
To reset the maintenance light on a Toyota Prius, you’ll need the following materials.
Resetting the maintenance is simple and may not necessitate the use of any tools other than the maintenance guide and instruction manual.
Reset Maintenance Light on Toyota Prius: Approximate Cost of Service/Setup
Unless you wish to pay a professional to reset the maintenance light or maint reqd, it will cost you nothing to do so. You wouldn’t have to spend any time setting up the reset.
Even if you want to hire an expert, expect to pay between $100 and $200 USD.
However, if we ignore the maintenance light’s warnings, or if the warning indicators don’t appear owing to a malfunctioning electronic system directly connected to the maintenance light system.
Or it could simply be our failure to reset the mileage to zero after each maintenance cycle.
It’s possible that the driver or owner of the vehicle will be unaware of the requirement for maintenance.
If this is allowed to continue for an extended period of time, it will result in damage that will cost us more money and, in some situations, will result in an accident.
Reset Procedure of Toyota Prius Maintenance Light by Model Year
There is a requirement for a vehicle settings on how to reset the toyota maintenance required light on various Toyota Prius model.
Although different models may not have the same reset features, the advice below will assist you in overcoming this obstacle for safety recalls.
Before we go into the processes for resetting the maintenance light, it’s important to note that the ODOMETER is commonly used and is a maintenance reminder.
The ODOMETER is a device that indicates the distance traveled by a vehicle or car.
It can be found on the dashboard as well as in the speedometer window next to the steering wheel specially for new vehicles.
The mileage is displayed in a small rectangular window just below the speed meter in the speed clock window that reads or counts in digits.
There are two lines on the ODOMETER.
The two lines show the mileage, however one counts the overall mileage since the vehicle/car was first used, while the other shows the day-to-day mileage since the counter was reset to zero.
The reading on the ODOMETER’s first line is set in stone and cannot be modified or reset.
The second reading on the other line, on the other hand, can be modified and be a trip meter reset button.
Prius Maintenance Light for 1997-2003 Models Can Be Reset
Follow the instructions below to reset the maintenance light on a 1997-2003 model.
- Turn on the automobile ignition and check engine.
- The first step in resetting the maintenance light is to turn on the ignition and check engine light.
- It’s preferable if you turned on the ignition without starting the car.
- Pressing the Trip button on the ODOMETER button, depending on the automobile model, is the second step in resetting your maintenance.
- The Trip button also allows you to switch different displays on the ODOMETER, such as the total miles.
- Now simply turn off the ignition to turn off the car/vehicle fully.
- Now press and hold the Trip button while turning on the ignition until the mileage on the ODOMETER reads zero.
Prius Maintenance Light Reset for Models 2004-2009
- Without needing to start the engine, turn on the ignition.
- Toggle between mileages on the ODOMETER according to the model specifications by pressing the trip button.
- And receive a full picture of the car mileage display.
- Turn the ignition off entirely now.
- This time, keep the Trip button or the odo button pressed.
- Finally, start your engine (please do not start the engine).
- Carry on in this manner until the mileage digits on the ODOMETER read zero.
- The Maintenance light has now been successfully reset.
- Then, while holding down the Trip or MPH button, start the car.
- Make sure you don’t start the car while you’re twisting the key.
- After the numerals on the Meter read zeros, the only release is a sigh of relief.
- Your maintenance light has been successfully reset.
Reset the Toyota Maintenance Light on a 2012 Toyota Prius
- Without starting the engine, turn on the ignition.
- Select Kph or MPH from the drop-down menu.
- When you switch between mileages on the ODOMETER, you’ll see Trip A appear.
- Turn off the ignition now.
- Turn on the ignition while holding down the Kph/MPH button.
- Hold the button down until the mileage counter reaches zero.
- After that, you’re done with the reset.
Prius Maintenance Light Reset for Models 2016-2021
- To start the hybrid system, press the power button on the Meter once without engaging the brakes.
- On the display screen, there are arrows.
- To select the gear symbol that will appear, swipe left or right.
- You can choose your car settings by using the up and down arrows.
- And then select the one you want.
- Now, on the display, choose the maintenance system.
- Choose yes when it comes to oil maintenance.
- You have successfully reset the maintenance light on your Toyota Prius of the model range above.
What Is the Purpose of Resetting the Maintenance Light?
The computer systems that turn on the maintenance light use information from the car’s mileage, which is pre-programmed for each new vehicle specials maintenance schedule.
It must be reset to zero before counting another mile to a fixed point, which will activate the maintenance light.
We need to reset the oil maintenance light so that it works correctly and alerts us when maintenance is necessary.
If can’t be solved in by yourself go to the nearest toyota service center.
What Is the Reason for the Maintenance Light Coming On?
The engine oil level would have dropped or been misused after a 5000 mile drive, necessitating a replacement.
A computer system will turn on the maintenance light once it has acquired data from sensors on the new vehicles miles traveled, which equals 5000 miles.
On the ODOMETER, the mileage is indicated.
Other Toyota Vehicle Related To Toyota Prius
- Toyota Camry
- Toyota Corolla
- Toyota Highlander
- Toyota Land Cruiser
- Toyota 4runner
- Toyota Tacoma
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How do you reset the oil maintenance light on a 2012 Toyota Prius?
To reset the oil life on a 2012 Toyota Prius, hold down the odometer reset button while the vehicle is turned off and hold it down while the vehicle is turned back on.
How do you reset the oil maintenance light on a 2010 Toyota Prius?
To reset the oil light, push the start button without hitting the brake and hold the mph km / h button while turning the ignition “off.”
While the reset is taking place, keep holding the mph km / h button until the reset is complete.
How do you reset the maintenance light on a 2009 Toyota Prius?
Turn off the engine. 2) Press and hold the ODM/TRIP button under the MFD, then slowly press the POWER button twice while holding it down. Hold the ODM/TRIP button pressed while looking at the odometer.