What Is Toyota Warranty? [Answered]
While Toyota automobiles are frequently named among the most dependable, no car is without the need for maintenance at some point.
Whether you’re thinking about buying a new Toyota or already own one, it’s a good idea to know what the Toyota factory warranty covers.
What it doesn’t, how long it lasts, is it lifetime warranty and what extended warranty options are available once your original coverage expires.
We’ll go over everything you need to know in this guide.
What does the Toyota warranty cover?
Your factory warranty will cover repairs and replacement components.
If, there are any faults in the materials or workmanship that cause your vehicle to break down.
A 3-year/36,000-mile bumper-to-bumper warranty and a 5-year/60,000-mile powertrain warranty are the two most crucial aspects of the Toyota warranty package.
What Does The Toyota Factory Warranty Cover?
A standard factory warranty is included with all new Toyota cars and begins on the vehicle’s in-service date.
Basic Coverage, Powertrain Coverage, Restraint Systems Warranty, and Corrosion Perforation are the four categories of coverage available under the Toyota warranty for all new cars.
Repairs and modifications relating to defects in materials or workmanship, excluding normal wear and maintenance items, are covered under the Toyota Basic Warranty.
The policy covers you for 36 months or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first.
Coverage for Powertrains
The engine, transmission/transaxle, front-wheel drive and rear-wheel drive systems, as well as ancillary components, are all covered.
The policy covers you for 60 months or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first.
Warranty on Restraint Systems
For 60 months or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first, this covers repairs for any flaws in seatbelts or air bug systems.
Perforation of Corrosion
This “rust-through” warranty covers sheet metal perforation and lasts for 60 months, regardless of mileage.
Coverage of Emissions
Depending on where you live, your Toyota may be eligible for this coverage, as federal and California requirements differ.
If your area has implemented an EPA-approved vehicle emissions inspection and maintenance program, your vehicle may be eligible for repairs if it fails to meet applicable regulations.
Failure to comply with the law may result in you receiving a penalty, such as a fine or the loss of your vehicle’s use privileges.
The policy covers you for 24 months or 24,000 miles, whichever comes first.
Toyota Warranty Coverage on New Vehicles
- A 36-month/36,000-mile limited warranty is included with every new Toyota vehicle1. But the story does not end there.
- 36 months/36,000 miles of basic coverage (all components other than normal wear and maintenance items).
- 60 months/60,000 miles powertrain coverage (engine, transmission/transaxle, front-wheel drive, rear-wheel drive, seatbelts, and airbags).
- 60 months/unlimited miles rust-through coverage (corrosion perforation of sheet metal).
- Emissions Coverage – Federal and California laws differ in terms of coverage. For more information, consult the appropriate Warranty & Maintenance Guide booklet.
Warranty Plans for Hybrid vehicles
Toyota hybrid vehicle have set the standard for drivability, technology, and efficiency in the industry.
It’s only natural that the world’s most popular hybrids are backed by a strong warranty1.
You will enjoy the following benefits in addition to our standard coverage:
Coverage for Hybrid-Related Components
The HV battery, battery control module, hybrid control module, and inverter with converter are all covered for 8 years or 100,000 miles.
Under the emissions warranty, the HV battery may be covered for a longer period of time.
For more information, consult the relevant Warranty and Maintenance Guide.
60 months/60,000 miles powertrain coverage (engine, transmission/transaxle, front-wheel drive, rear-wheel drive, seatbelts, and airbags).
60 months/unlimited miles rust-through coverage (corrosion perforation of sheet metal).
Federal and California laws differ in terms of coverage.
For more information, consult the relevant Warranty and Maintenance Guide.
Car Warranty on Toyota Certified Used Vehicles (TCUV)
A used car must pass a 160-point quality assurance test to be designated as a Toyota Certified Used Vehicle.
As a result, we believe the TCUV Warranty should be as extensive.
- From the date of certified purchase, each Toyota Certified Used Hybrid and Vehicle comes with a 12-month/12,000-mile limited comprehensive warranty.
- The HV battery, battery control module, hybrid control module, and inverter with converter are all covered by an 8-year/100,000-mile Factory Hybrid Vehicle Battery Warranty on every Toyota Certified Used Hybrid. Under the emissions warranty, the HV battery may be covered for a longer period of time. For more information, consult the appropriate Owner’s Warranty and Maintenance Guide.
- All Toyota Certified Used Vehicles come with a 7-year/100,000-mile Limited Powertrain Warranty 3 as well (from original date of first use when purchased as new). A one-year 24-hour roadside assistance plan 4 is also included (from original date of TCUV purchase). Visit Toyota Financial Services for the added peace of mind with an optional Extended Vehicle Service Agreement.
The Toyota Certified Lifetime Limited Powertrain Warranty includes the following features and benefits:
- Valid at more than 1400 Toyota dealerships in the United States and Canada.
- Free to transfer for increased resale value
- Travel security
- Transportation can be substituted.
- Assistance via a toll-free number
The Toyota Certified Lifetime Powertrain Warranty covers the following essential components:
- Components of an Engine
- Transmission: Manual
- Transmission: Automatic
- Components of Axle Assembly
- Components with a Hybrid Design
Warranty Coverage On Accessories
Toyota Genuine Parts are made to the highest quality, durability, and performance requirements for safety recall.
Most companies only provide a 12-month guarantee, and there aren’t many, if any, that do.
- The Toyota Accessory Warranty covers accessories acquired at the time of the new vehicle purchase for 36 months/36,000 miles from the vehicle’s in-service date, which is the same coverage as the Toyota New Vehicle Limited Warranty.
- With the exception of car covers, coverage for accessories purchased after the new vehicle purchase is 12 months, regardless of mileage, from the day the accessory was installed on the vehicle, or the balance of any relevant new vehicle warranty, whichever provides greater coverage. Car coverings have a 12-month warranty from the date of purchase and are not covered by the Toyota New Vehicle Limited Warranty.
What Doesn’t My Toyota Warranty Cover?
While the factory warranty for a new car is commonly referred to as “bumper-to-bumper” or “full warranty,” this terminology, which implies extensive coverage, can be misleading.
The Toyota factory warranty excludes regular maintenance items, as well as damage or failures originating directly or indirectly from a broad list of incidents, in addition to the time and mileage coverage restrictions specified above.
Here’s a breakdown of what’s not covered in Toyota extended warranty by type to assist you understand the potential expenses associated with failure or breakdown of what’s not covered:
Tires have their own guarantee as covered component of granted by the tire manufacturer or by the toyota dealer.
Normal Wear and Tear:
Normal wear and tear does not cover noise, vibration, cosmetic problems, or other deteriorations.
Engine tune-ups, fluid and filter replacements, lubrication, cleaning and polishing, replacement of spark plugs and fuses, and replacement of damaged wiper blades, brake pads, and clutch linings are not covered under your warranty.
Toyota accessories acquired at the same time for your pre owned vehicles as a new car are covered by a separate cost maintenance plan.
For 36 months or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first, the Toyota Accessory Warranty is in effect.
Fire, accidents, theft, abuse, negligence, misuse (racing), improper repairs, alteration or tampering, lack of proper maintenance, installation of non-Genuine internal Parts, airborne chemicals, tree sap, road debris, lightning and other environmental conditions, and water contamination are all excluded from warranty coverage of your toyota vehicle.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Does Toyota have a 10 year warranty?
Yes. Toyota extended warranties are good for up to ten years or 125,000 miles, whichever comes first.
For new and used Toyotas, Toyota offers three warranty options.
For your Toyota’s vital parts and systems, you can choose between bumper-to-bumper or basic coverage.
What does the Toyota 5 year warranty cover?
Mirai Fuel Cells come with a 5-year warranty.
For the first year, the Mirai warranty covers any defect attributable to a manufacturing or assembly problem under regular use for a term of 5 years or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first.
What is Toyota warranty on a new car?
Warranty on Toyota Vehicles
36 months/36,000 miles of basic coverage (all components other than normal wear and maintenance items).
Engine, transmission/transaxle, front-wheel drive, rear-wheel drive, seatbelts, and air bags are covered for 60 months/60,000 miles.