Maintenance lights are standard on every model year of the Toyota RAV4, and they are programmed to illuminate at predetermined times throughout the vehicle’s lifetime.
But how to reset Toyota RAV4 maintenance light?
The maintenance necessary indicator is displayed on the dash of the RAV4 by the onboard computer when the computer determines that the amount of kilometers driven in the time since the last maintenance has reached the threshold at which maintenance should be conducted once again.
The maintenance lights will be reset whenever a technician does preventative maintenance on a vehicle, such as changing the oil. You will need to manually reset the maintenance lights if you are performing the maintenance yourself.
Reset Procedure For The Toyota RAV4 Maintenance Light
Make sure that the key is properly inserted into the ignition.
Maintain pressure on the button “MAINT REQD”that resets the trip meter. Move the switch that controls the engine to the “on” position.
Keep your finger pressed down on the trip meter reset button until it reads “000000” on the display.
The reset maintenance light or indicator has been turned back on.
How To Disconnect The Toyota RAV4’s MAintenance Light?
In the event that the maintenance indicator on your RAV4 is still lit up after the vehicle has been serviced, you will need to make sure that it is turned off.
The following is the procedure for resetting the toyota maintenance required light or maintenance reminder:
- Remember to turn the key in the ignition when you get in the car. Simply spin the key on the engine start stop in the clockwise direction to access position 1.
- This will be the position the car is in just before it is fired up for the first time.
- On the dashboard is the button you need to press in order to reset the trip meter.
- Please maintain pressure on it for the next few seconds.
- Following that, you will need to turn your key till it is in the second position.
- Keep pressing and maintaining pressure on the button that controls the odometer for approximately ten seconds.
- The indicator light should flash, then emit a beeping sound, and finally turn off.
- The odometer button can be unlocked once the engine of the car has been turned off.
- Start the vehicle’s engine.
- If you observe that the service light is still lit up, you will need to repeat this step one or two more times in order to turn off the maintenance light on the Toyota RAV4.
- If you see that the light is still lit up, you have successfully completed the operation.
- If the maintenance indication light on your RAV4 is still lit up, you will need to take the vehicle in for service as soon as possible.
- If you want further information about the suggested maintenance schedule for your RAV4 configuration, you can discover it by following the directions in your owner’s manual.
- Warning lights for maintenance can be an indication of a serious issue.
The Significance of Performing Regular Maintenance/Schedule Service
Even though there may not be anything wrong, the maintenance light may come on at any time; therefore, it is imperative to do routine maintenance on a regular basis.
Keeping up with the recommended maintenance schedule for your Toyota is important for a few reasons, which are as follows:
- You will spend less money if you replace a Toyota part before it fails rather than after it fails since if it fails, you will need to replace not only that part but also any other damaged parts.
- Safety is our top priority, and our mechanics are factory-trained to ensure that your car is ready for the roads in Chatham County.
- Your car maintains its high level of performance thanks to its fully operational systems. Your vehicle’s engine will run more efficiently if you change the oil on a regular basis.
Checks on the maintenance schedule for the Toyota RAV4
If you haven’t arranged a regular checkup for your vehicle in a while, you should consult the owner’s manual for your Toyota RAV4 to find out the exact intervals at which maintenance is recommended to be performed, and then schedule the work as soon as you can.
Even though Toyota SUVs are known for their dependability, it is essential that you adhere to the following basic maintenance intervals in order to make certain that the maintenance required light on your RAV4 isn’t illuminated for a valid reason:
RAV4 Maintenance Every 3 Months or 3000 Miles
Perform the following car maintenance inspections every three months or 3,000 miles, whichever comes first:
- Transmission with automatic gears, power steering, and windshield wiper fluid levels
- Oil for the engine and an air filter
- Belts, hoses, and exhaust systems
- Every light, indoors and outdoors
- Fuel filter
- Pressure, tread depth, and overall wear and tear on the tires
RAV4 Maintenance Every 6 Months or 6000 Miles
In addition to the preventative maintenance described above, you will need to perform the following inspections every 6,000 miles or every six months:
- Cables and the automobile’s battery
- Lubrication of the chassis
- Wipers for the windshield
- Shine up your motor vehicle.
Why Is It Necessary for You to Turn Off the Maintenance Light?
Because the Toyota maintenance light does not go off by itself, it is in your best interest to switch it off manually so that there is one fewer thing to distract you on your dashboard.
As you navigate the streets of the city, this light may start to annoy you, and it may even lead you to believe that there is something wrong with your vehicle.
In a similar vein, if a member of your family drives your Toyota and is unfamiliar with the significance of this indicator light, that person may become anxious and fear that the vehicle has been harmed.
Second, you can reset the counter by turning off and then back on the maintenance necessary light once you have completed the oil change.
As a consequence of this, you will be able to drive securely on public roads, and after 5,000 miles, this light will notify you that it is time for a new oil change.
As a result, you will not have to manually tally the miles driven.
Toyota Vehicle Models
- Toyota Camry
- Toyota Corolla
- Toyota Tacoma
- Toyota Highlander
- Toyota Land Cruiser
FAQ on How To Reset Toyota RAV4 Maintenance Light
How do you change the maintenance light on a Toyota RAV4?
In order to start the car, turn the ignition to position one with your key in the ignition. Turn the key to position two while pressing and holding the trip meter reset button on the dashboard. For 10 seconds, keep your finger on the odometer button. Then the light should flash, beep, and finally turn off.
Why does my rav4 say maintenance required?
The significance of the emblem MAINT REQD is significant. The MAINT REQD light indicates when the vehicle’s scheduled maintenance is due when it illuminates. If your car is under two years old, this service can be covered by your ToyotaCare plan.
Why is my maintenance required light still on after the oil change?
Even after an oil change, the final common cause of a lit oil light is perhaps the most troublesome. Numerous engine problems might result from the oil pump not circulating enough oil to maintain the engine’s parts lubricated and operating as intended.
Why does my car say maintenance is required after an oil change?
Definition of ‘MAINT REQD’ Within 5000 miles of the last reset, the “MAINT REQD” indicator illuminates. It is merely a mileage counter meant to serve as a reminder to the user that an oil change is required and in no way indicates any system failure.
How do I turn off the maintenance light after an oil change?
In order to start the car, turn the ignition to position one after inserting your key. Turn your key to position two after pressing and holding the trip meter reset button on the dashboard. Hold the odometer button down for a further ten seconds. The light should then begin to flash and potentially beep before turning off.